Getting your local business noticed in your town centre can be a big challenge in the real world; competing with other businesses offers, making sure your window displays are enticing and getting people to your store are but a few. However, by using digital marketing you can amplify your efforts and start drawing footfall from your social media channels.
We’ve put together some quick tips on how to use your social channels to attract a local audience
Use Twitter to let customers know what the latest news is – this could be new product arrivals, a sale or an event.
- Keep your tweets short and sweet with a link to where they can find the information you’re tweeting about
- @ mention relevant accounts – such as brands you work with
- Connect with other local business on Twitter and get involved in discussions
- Find local #hashtags to use to amplify your content – for example, #TownName
- Follow local radio shows, thought-leaders and inspiring people in your community
Use Instagram to capture what makes your business unique, it’s a chance to show off your products and your store.
- Post high quality, unique images and tag your shop location
- Try and stick to a colour palette to make sure your profile looks consistent
- Make sure your profile features a link to your website and your address
- Use hashtags to attract potential customers
- Set aside some time to engage with other local businesses by liking commenting on their posts
Use Facebook to showcase your business to customers, post events and offer your expert knowledge in your sector
- Ensure your address and opening hours are featured on your profile with a link to your website
- Experiment with Facebook advertising to target people near your store
- Post relevant and useful information to customers – for example, if you’re an interior designer, post tips and tricks on how to make a room look brighter etc
- Always post a relevant picture, link or video with your status
Tag #WDYT into all your social posts and we’ll amplify your content across our channels to grow your followers and help new customers discover your business.
— Miss Milkshake® (@_Miss_Milkshake) July 9, 2017